Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We Won! We Won!

Nothing like a win to get inspiration.

On a gorgeous sunny Sunday  Julie, Terina, John, Michael, Celine and I set off with a shiny clean bottom on Cheshire cat and conquered the world, well at least the Balmain division 1 keelboats.

Two circuits of the islands, one including Goat Island with a nice breeze of 12 to 15 knots, perfect for us. We hugged Cockatoo Island to escape the outgoing tide and I hankered for a spinnaker after Hamilton Island. But it was a lovely day.

And the winches were better after John and I serviced them last Sunday. The two on the coachhouse roof were all gunged up as I had never done them in all the years we've had the Cat.

The previous race we came 4th out of 5 boats. What a difference a clean bottom makes! And also more hands to winch that huge headsail.

Our first prize was a bottle of red.
We also came second in the Birchgrove Cup behind a boat called Samsung. A bit sad for a boat full of iPhone users.

And did I mention Hamilton Island? Terina Julie and I along with Jen, Kate Murray Richard and the legendary Jenni Bonnitcha raced in Hamilton Island Race Week. See next post.

No comments: